Where in its life cycle do you consider the coffee shop industry in the UK to be? How well do you think the Industry Life Cycle model explains what is happening in the industry now?
For all questions, you are required to apply relevant strategic models and theory. In some cases, the model is indicated, in others you need to choose the appropriate model(s). You are encouraged to add more depth to your answers with additional strategic theory and ideas.
Question A 20% Industry Evolution
- Where in its life cycle do you consider the coffee shop industry in the UK to be? How well do you think the Industry Life Cycle model explains what is happening in the industry now?
Question B 40% Global Strategy
- Appraise whether Costa Coffee gained a competitive advantage from being a British company in its development as an international business.
- Analyse how Starbucks balances international / global integration and national differentiation. Consider its whole operation, not just the company’s marketing offer to customers.
Question C: 40% Acquisitions and the Nature of Strategy
- Analyse the strategies behind Sainsbury’s acquisitions of Home Retail Group (including Argos) completed in 2016 and the proposed acquisition of ASDA from Walmart rejected by the Competition and Markets Authority in 2019.
- What is your assessment of each of these moves in terms of intended and emergent strategies?
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
tailored to your instructions