You are required to write an academic essay to evidence your findings. Alcohol and harmful drinking
Health, Wellbeing and Disability
This assignment tests the following Learning Outcomes for the module:Delete any that do not apply and ensure that alternative
instructions are entered in the box above.
- Define public health, wellbeing and disability and explore the relationship between health beliefs and health behaviours.
- Discuss the determinants of health, well-being and healthy living, exploring current health inequalities across populations
- from a local and national perspective.
- Outline contemporary public health policy nationally, how this is related to health and social care practice locally and the
- registered nurse’s contribution to improving public health.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of the NMC Code (2015) in relation to health, wellbeing and disability.
Summative Assignment CW1.
2000 word essay:
Choose ONE of the following conditions for your essay. You are required to write an academic essay to evidence your findings.
- Alcohol and harmful drinking
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Sexual Health
You should begin with a clear introduction, setting out how you intend to structure your essay. You must clearly identify your chosen condition in your introduction and your reason for choosing this condition
- In the body of your answer must be found
- A clear definition of public health, wellbeing and disability and how that relates to your chosen condition.
- A discussion about the determinants of health which explores current health inequalities from a local and national perspective and how these may impact on adults with the condition.
- An outline of national public health policy relating to your chosen public health topic and how it has been interpreted locally. This should include an explanation of why an understanding of health behaviours is important. You are encouraged to use examples of local initiatives in this section.
- Consider the public health role of the nurse with regards to improving the population’s health and demonstrate an understanding of the NMC Code with regards to health, wellbeing, safeguarding and disability.
Conclusion – A summary of your main findings. Do not introduce any new topics.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions