Identify and explain the marketing concept, the marketing mix and the components of the marketing communications mix.
Marketing and Communications
Word Limit:  words (Plus or minus 10%) Learning outcomes assessed:
- Identify and explain the marketing concept, the marketing mix and the components of the marketing communications mix.
- Explain the relationship between the marketing environment, its impact upon organisational decision making and consumer behaviour.
- Discuss the factors that determine competitive advantage within organisations
- Explain key theories, concepts and models underpinning business communication to create effective communications.
- Examine and discuss organisational issues and challenges that impact on the effectiveness of business communication through the use of pre-defined criteria to assist in improving communication within the organisation.
- Demonstrate an application of concepts and techniques related to business communication processes used within the workplace.
Assignment Questions Individual - Marketing Report (2500 words) Case In 1965, Subway was founded by 17 year-old high school graduate Fred DeLuca, along with his family friend, Dr. Peter Buck.
The first store opened in Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA in 1965. Fred DeLuca and Dr. Peter Buck set a goal of having 32 Subway stores opened in 10 years. By 1974, the duo owned and operated 16 submarine sandwich shops throughout Connecticut. However, they realised that they would not reach their 32 store goal in time hence they began franchising, launching the Subway brand into a period of remarkable growth which continues to this day. The Subway brand is the world`s largest submarine sandwich chain with 44,000 stores in more than 100 countries. Subway has become the leading choice for people seeking quick, nutritious meals that the whole family can enjoy (Subway, 2018).
As a newly appointed marketing assistant of Subway marketing team, you have been asked to write a report addressing the following tasks: (Word counts below are indicative)
Task 1: Evolution of Marketing (LO1)
a. Describe the marketing and product orientations, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each (300 words)
b. Identify and explain the orientation adopted by Subway, and provide two (2) examples that demonstrate Subway’s use of the approach (200 words)
Task 2: Marketing Environments (LO2, 3)
a. Identify and discuss one political factor and one environmental factor that could impact Subway’s business operations and consumer buyer behaviour (200 words)
Task 3: Marketing Strategies (LO3)
a. Explain how psychographic segmentation differs from behavioural segmentation (200 words)
b. Discuss one type of segmentation that would be considered the most valuable for Subway to use when segmenting the market (200 words).
Task 4: Marketing Mix (LO1, 4, 5 6)
a. Identify and describe – Subway’s product offerings – Subways’ pricing strategies – the place where Subway’s products are sold ensuring you provide detailed descriptions and examples (400 words)
b. The Marketing Director has announced a new objective for the company:
Part Two: Communications campaign review should include:
1. Explain the role of the Promotional Mix (100 words)
2. Discuss the promotional mix element that Subway adopts in the video campaign. Ensure you outline the advantages and disadvantages of the promotional mix element discussed (100 words)
3. Conduct research and discuss the channels used by Subway to increase its market share (100 words)
4. Discuss the key message in the video campaign (100 words)
5. Discuss the key target audience of the video campaign and their characteristics (100 words)
6. Using AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) marketing theory, explain how the video campaign’s source attributes and key message achieve Subway’s new objective (100 words)
7. Discuss one (1) method Subway should use to gather feedback on the effectiveness of the video campaign (100 words)
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions