Your article will be an overview of your chosen organisation’s culture, politics and power, with relevant examples of how these aspects of organisational behaviour have influenced behaviour in the workplace.
Scenario - Task 1
You have been recently appointed as a Junior Business Journalist to a reputed national business magazine. As a first task the editor has requested you to write a 2,500 words article on organisational culture, politics, power and motivation for publication. If you are currently employed, choose your own organisation to research and discuss about the above mentioned topics as a case study. If not, use any organisation of your choice that you have the access for the information. The purpose of the article will be to establish the influence that organisational culture, politics, power and motivation has upon behaviour and performance in the workplace.
Your article will be an overview of your chosen organisation’s culture, politics and power, with relevant examples of how these aspects of organisational behaviour have influenced behaviour in the workplace. It should also discuss how motivational theories and techniques have been applied in your organisation, supported by relevant examples.
1. In your article, you will be particularly required to:
a. Utilise Handy’s model of organisational culture and analyse your company’s organisational culture;
b. Analyse the concepts of politics and power in organisational life, and critically evaluate how culture, politics and power can influence individual and team performance for your selected organisation;
c. Evaluate content and process theories of motivation and how they correlate with the effective achievement of business goals, and consequently the performance of an organisation;
d. Provide an overall conclusion evaluating how the selected organisation can improve the performance of their staff to meet goals. This provides evidence for [P1,P2,M1,M2,D1] Word count: 2000 - 2500 Submission Format –
Task 2 The format you need to follow is that of an individual written report that shows an understanding of all the concepts and theories highlighted in the attached brief and criteria. This report should be written in a concise, formal business style using single spacing and font size 12. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system at the end of your work. The recommended word limit is 2,500 words, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit. Scenario –
Task 2 Following your article, you were contacted by an advisory forum committee of the local chamber of commerce’s which have expressed their interest in your views on team dynamics in an organisation. The Committee is particularly interested in a report that addresses the importance of team dynamics to product management. Therefore, the committee has asked you participate in an activity related to the product development of a new product, and assess how team dynamics can impact the performance of an organisation by writing a 2,000-words report, based on your initial findings, and submit it to the committee. 3 DGHE HNC/D Assignment Brief (RQF) | Version 3.1– January 2018 Task 2 Your report should be based on the Formative Task and address the following:
1. Explain the different types of team and analyse the relevance of hard and soft skills for effective teamwork utilising a known framework, such has the Emotional Intelligence.
2. Investigate teamwork theories (for example Tuckman) and their effectiveness.
3. Analyse team dynamics, team members’ roles and behaviour utilising a relevant framework (for example Belbin’s) and evaluate the relevance of dynamic co-operation for effective teamwork in an organisation.
4. Reflect on the team performance of the Formative Task and apply Belbin’s model and assess the behaviour of the participants. 5. Explain what factors are instrumental for teams to effectively achieve their objectives, and identify the aspects, which may threaten successful achievement and cohesive group work.
Section 2 While reflecting on the formative activity demonstrate your understanding of how to co-operate effectively with others, you should:
1. assess the benefits of working in a team;
2. identify the mix of knowledge, skills and experience necessary for a team to fulfil its functions (using examples)
3. discuss the benefits of working in a team as a leader and member towards specific goals a) dealing with any conflict or difficult situations b) developing roles during team assignments, c) reviewing the effectiveness of teamwork in achieving the goals d) relating the effectiveness of teamwork to achieving goals in the workplace.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions