Is there a trade-off between environmental-social sustainability and economic development?
SCM Sustainability Task 1
- Is there a trade-off between environmental-social sustainability and economic development?
- What is economic development?
- In pursuit of the above do we necessarily have to trample or forfeit our natural environment?
- How doe we define social sustainability? Is it sharing resources and outcomes equitably or not?
- How does time influence our responses to the above questions?
Instructions for assignment 1:
- It is reflective report (choose one topic below from environment sustainability and focus on it).
- Introduction – body – conclusion
- You can ONLY use academic recourses
- Harvard Style
- 1500 words (-/+ 10%)
- In introduction must show:
- Define the approach of the papers
- Define/discuss what is economical development
- How the essay will be approach
- Is it time influence? is it place? Is it etc…
- Clarify key terms (what sustainability is)? You don’t just assume!! Economic development likewise and any other keys that is appropriate
Assignment Notes from Lecturer:
- Define Economic development:
- Improve standard and living
- Progress and opportunity
- Human right
- Law and order
- Environmental sustainability
What we could do to be more environmentally sustainable
- Renewable energy
- Banning plastic bags
- I hate polystyrene
- Change from disposable mentality
- Plant based packaging
- Buy less compost
- Less processed food
- Culling fossil fuel
- Carbon offset with purchases
- EDI technologies
- Etc …
There are more to choose from but make sure you can discuss it, focus on ONE subject only and relate that to supply chain.
- reflect on the environment sustainability from the list above or another example you can provide that is interesting and easy to find academic resources for you.
- Is there a trade-off?
- What is economic development? Are we trading off at economic development by (any of the list above or your choice) choose only one and discuss about it
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions