Discuss the different types of evidence and the importance of evidence-based interventions for safe, person centred care to maintain or restore health and well-being.
Chose and critique one of the provided research articles.
This assessment task is part 2 of the two assessments towards developing your theoretical and practical understanding of evidence based practice. You are required to critique a primary research paper (2,000 words) using the CASP tool. You will then need to apply the principles of evidence-based practice outlined in the module; to effectively critique your chosen article and consider its application to clinical practice.
Module learning outcomes to be addressed
Learning Outcome 1: Discuss the different types of evidence and the importance of evidence-based interventions for safe, person centred care to maintain or restore health and well-being.
Learning Outcome 3: Appraise a piece of research and reach a judgement about its quality and applicability to practice using an identified appraisal tool.
- 1. Introduction (200 words). An introduction generally need to answer these 3 questions.
- a. What? The introduction must begin by clearly explaining what the essay is about. This section needs to explain in your own words what is required in the assignment brief given above.
- b. How? The second part of the introduction need to outline how the essay is structured. You need to summarise the details given in point 2 below.
- c. Why? An introduction needs to articulate why is the chosen article under consideration is of significance.
- Discussion (1600 words)
- a. What is evidence based practice and what is the significance of evidence based nursing in the current health and social care environment?
- b. Briefly outline the chosen research paper, and provide a rationale for your choice.
- c. Analyse the chosen study using the CASP framework
- d. Discuss and justify whether or not the findings are therefore robust enough to be used to change or support nursing practice.
- e. Reflect on how the findings of the paper will contribute to your professional development and nursing practice.
- 3. Conclusion (200 words)
- a. Summary. Summarise the key learning points that have emerged from your discussion above.
- b. Recommendations. Make recommendations on what needs to be done in light of your findings and conclusions.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions