Task1.Create a handout to include each of the following ‘WEB-DESIGN and DEVELOPMENT’ concepts :
(1 a: LO1):
- What is DNS, why do we use DNS?
- What are the types of DNS? What does each type do?
- What is domain name? Explain how domain names are organised and managed.
(1 b : LO2):
- Twitter Bootstrap
- How front end and back end website technologies relate to application layer and presentation layer
Task 1 c: (LO1): What are the commonly used web development technologies and frameworks available in the market? Give brief explanation of at least five of them. How are the web development technologies and frameworks affecting design, functionality and management of a website? Unit 10: Website Design & Development
Task 2 a:(LO1) Specify the hardware components, operating systems and web server software required to set up a webserver. Also, clearly mention the required operating system, programming languages and communication protocols and the steps followed to design, publish and access a website.
Task 2b:(LO1) Write an analytical explanation of how the performance of the websites are influenced by the use of search engines. Provide evidence of how a site’s index value is affecting the rank through search engine optimisation.
Task 3a(LO2). What is a custom-built website? What is an online website creation tool? Compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of websites created by an online website creation tools and custom-built sites considering the following points given below:
- design flexibility,
- performance, functionality,
- User Experience (UX),
- User Interface (UI).
Task 3.b (LO2). Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of different tools and techniques available to design and develop a custom-built website and find the best option you would consider to develop a website. Justify why it is the best option. Unit 10: Website Design & Development
Task 4 (LO1 & LO2). Evaluate the effectiveness of the tools and techniques we can use to realise a custom built website.
You have to prepare a proposal for the website you are intending to make. Your proposal should include a discussion of issues relevant to Diamond Group’s use of the website.
Task 5a) – (LO3)
Design a branded, multipage website according to the needs of a user.
Identify the requirements/purpose of the website and list a set of objectives that it must fulfil:
- State what the website is about and state the target audience.
- State the content of the site. Briefly describe what sort of pages it will contain.
- Discuss the needs of the user in regards to the website (e.g. complexity, colour etc).
- Discuss the level of security needed.
- Discuss the resources required, the costs and the timescale needed to create the website.
- Produce a series of annotated interface designs/ wireframe (for each webpage). Mention the layout techniques and other relevant information such as the colour schemes, images and material to be displayed on the site.
Task 5 b) – (LO3)
Task 5. C) (LO3) Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented multipage website in relation to the interface design/wireframe (for each webpage).
Task 5.d) (LO3) Analyse any technical challenges you may have faced during the process of implementing the multipage website based on the interface design created in Task 5a.
Task 6.a) (LO4) Create a test plan and test your website according to the points listed below (where appropriate).
- Layout matches design.
- Browser compatibility.
- W3C code validation.
- Links and buttons.
- Forms – including validation
- Security (e.g. login forms with passwords)
- Error handling
Task 6 b) –(LO4) Write an evaluation to discuss whether your completed/developed website is matching with the recommended design. Review the following areas: Usability, performance & security. Obtain evidence from the client stating their satisfaction level for the produced website and make recommendations for maintenance and improvements.
Task 6 c) –(LO4) Analyze and critically evaluate the actual test result against expected results in your test plan to identify any discrepancies and create a test report based on the test results as a review of the overall success of your multipage website. Use this evaluation to explain the strengths and weaknesses of the website and suggest some improvements in overcoming the weaknesses.