1. Undertake a detailed review of 5G modulation schemes and then to focus on spatial modulation (SM). Reviewed papers must be predominantly from the IEEEXplore and ebooks which you have access to through the MIT library.
Unit Code ME602
Unit Title Mobile and Satellite Communication Systems
Unit Learning Outcomes covered in this assessment
a. Learn how to model mobile communication channels
d. Discern knowledge development and directions on the recent advances in 4G to the research principles and methods of 5G technologies;
e. Fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources in the implementation and analysis of 4G networks within laboratory practice;
f. Exhibit strong communication skills, ethical conduct and professionalism with a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
Spatial modulation (SM) is a transmission technique recently developed for the fifth generation (5G) mobile communication networks. It uses multiple antennas in which a block of data symbols are mapped and transmitted using one active antenna. The objective of the assessment is for each student to
1. Undertake a detailed review of 5G modulation schemes and then to focus on spatial modulation (SM). Reviewed papers must be predominantly from the IEEEXplore and ebooks which you have access to through the MIT library. Other sources such as Science Direct, Springer and ACM publications may be used but not the Wikipedia. Papers used in the review should come from journal, conferences and ebooks, not the open Internet.
2. Model, analyse and synthesize spatial modulation techniques for 5G radio systems
3. Simulate using Matlab or any other programming language a spatial modulation scheme, showing results and graphics with source code attached to your report as appendix
4. Submit a written and typed report using fluent communication on spatial modulation schemes. The report must include a minimum of 15 reference articles on SM. The more the number of reference papers shown in the review the better for obtaining more marks.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions